- I want to know where things are and not waste precious time finding things.
- I want to be able to sit on the sofa or at my table without moving things.
- I want our home to be a peaceful haven of rest for our family.
- I want to set a good example for others.
- I want to be a good steward of the possessions God has given us, including our home.
- I want to be able to extend the gift of hospitality to others (back to that "can't have anyone over" part).
- I want to reflect God to others, and he is not a God of disorder, or confusion, but of peace. (1 Corinthians 14:33)
Come on in! Pull up a chair, grab a cuppa, and let's chat! I'll share what God's put on my heart (click on the topics in the tabs above to see more!), and you do the same. If you want to go deeper, join my Facebook group for "This Side of Heaven", and don't forget to subscribe to keep up with every new post (no spam, I promise!). I look forward to getting to know you and sharing the journey "this side of Heaven!"
So today I start my personal blog - and being that it's Wednesday (see my Weekly Topics in the sidebar), I thought I'd share a bit about the CHAOS I live in. The acronym comes from FlyLady (I love her site!), and it stands for "Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome." You know, where the idea of having company sends you into a three-day cleaning frenzy, and having dinner guests means clearing the table of your pile files (usually by stashing it someplace else temporarily). And it describes how I have kept my home for years, but today I want that to change! (Actually, I wanted it to change yesterday!) And just to stay motivated, here are my reasons:
Welcome! My name is Kristi. I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a teacher, a writer, a musician... but most of all a child and worshiper of God discovering that even in life's messes, God is still good. Learn more about me and my journey here!
Subscribe below to keep up withThis Side of Heaven. As a special thank you for trusting me with your time online, I will send you my e-book, Dear mom of a baby in heaven, for free.
Shop Lilla Rose! (Click below)